This Ramadan season we bring you a delicious recipe of Lamb Rump by the Sous Chef Dave Fitzsimmons at Reform Social and Grill
2 Lamb Rumps
5g fresh mint
Pea & Mint Puree
1 Garlic Cloves
300g Frozen Peas
150ml Veg Stock
- Finely chop onion, celery and garlic, sweet down in the butter.
- Add the peas and coat in the butter
- Add the Veg stock, milk and cream. Cover and bring to the boil quickly, as soon as this boils remove from the heat.
- Strain of the liquid but do not discard, transfer peas to the thermo mix add the mint leaves and blend at full power, add back a small amount of the cooking liquor until you have a nice thick puree.
- Season and chill.
- Season your lamb rumps with salt and pepper, seal all sides in a pan, then place in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to rest
- Warm your mushy peas up, and your gravy (homemade or stock cubes) in a pan with the fresh peas and mint in.
- Carve your rumps into 2-3 slices each, spoon your mushy peas onto the plate and place your rumps next to it.
- Drizzle your pea and mint gravy on and around the rump to complete the dish